Diving Medical Responder (DMR) – Anthony’s Key Resort, Roatan-Honduras
Date(s) - Jan. 01, 2021 - Jan. 02, 2021
9:00am - 5:00pm
Anthony's Key Resort
Trilogy Dive Center is hosting the Diving Medical Responder Course at Anthony’s Key Resort (AKR) on the beautiful Island of Roatan.This is a great opportunity to learn valuable diving medicine and explore the underwater world of Roatan! Trilogy has arranged 7 days at AKR with 2 dives per day, a night dive, dolphin encounter, and a meal plan. The total price for this great week is only $1,795 plus airfare.
This course will provide training in the skills necessary to respond to a diving emergency. This course if for public safety dive teams, scientific dive teams, commercial divers, scuba instructors, and recreational scuba divers. Medical and non-medical dive team members as well as non-divers interested in dive medicine are encouraged to attend. The Diving Medical Responder Course is 4 days and water training. The Diving Medical Responder course is approved by Florida Emergency Medical Services for 32 hours of continuing education for Paramedic and EMT renewals.
This course is OPEN to ANYONE with an interest in Diving Medicine.
Topics Include: Physics and Physiology of Diving, Decompression Sickness, Cerebral Arterial Gas Embolism, Barotrauma, and more….
Patient Assessment, Vital Signs Assessment, Neurological Assessment, Airway Management, Chest Decompression, Trauma, In Water Skills (pool training).
Skill stations and scenarios utilizing mannequins. You will perform patient assessments, needle decompression, wound care and hemorrhage control with tourniquets and hemostatic gauze.
DAN Instructor Certification
Students that are Scuba Instructors and Dive Masters from a recognized diving certification agency (SDI, TDI, ERDI, IANTD, NAUI, PADI, etc) are eligible for the DAN Instructor Rating upon successful completion of this course. There is additional online coursework that is required, and an additional fee payable to DAN. You will not find a more comprehensive dive medicine instructor course available.
Package Price – $1,795 plus airfare
Trilogy Diving Medical Responder
DAN Instructor (if qualified, plus $125 DAN Registration Fee)
Diving at Anthony’s Key Resort
7 nights Anthony’s Key Resport Dive package includes:
• 7-Nights Hotel Accommodations
• Full American Meal Plan (3 Meals Daily)
• 2 Single Tank Boat Dives Per Day (6 days)
• 2 Single Tank Boat Night Dives Per Week
• Air Tanks, Weight Belts & Weights
• Buoyancy Control Workshop
• Shore Diving During Shop Hours
• Airport Transfers
• Return Flight Reconfirmation
• Welcome Island Cocktail & Orientation
• Admission to Roatan Museum
• Kayaking & Stand-Up Paddle
• Day Excursion to Maya Key
• Island Fiesta Night on the Key
Tentative Schedule is to arrive on Saturday. Class starts on Monday and will conclude on Thursday. We will work around diving schedules so everyone can get their dives in and still meet for class and skill stations.
Pay $250 Deposit and Register for Trip/Course – you can set up a payment plan for the balance. Payment in full is due 60 days prior to travel.
• $250 per person deposit refundable up to 60 days prior to travel.
• Cancellations made within 46-59 days prior to arrival date: $300 per person penalty.
• Cancellations made within 30-45 days prior to arrival date: A 35% penalty applies.
• Cancellation made within 8-29 days prior to arrival date: No refund provided but future credit (less non-refundable deposit per person) will be granted. Credit will be valid for travel within one year of original travel dates.
• Cancellations 7 days or less before arrival date and No-shows: No refund or no credit will be given.
• Unused services of the package are non-refundable and non-transferable.
• Other discounts or promotional offers are not combinable with this offer.
• No refunds for flight cancellations, natural disasters, war, terrorism, etc.
Contact Mike Massaro for additional information on the trip.