Contaminated Water Operations
ERDI CONTAMINATED WATER OPERATIONS
Trilogy Dive Center is a 5 STAR SDI/TDI/ERDI Training Center.
The ERDI Diving in Contaminated Water Ops Component is one of the most challenging public safety diver training programs.
Who is this course for:
- Any PS diver that enters a: river, stream, pond or lake and disturbs the bottom
- Any PS diver that enters the water where a vehicle, light aircraft or human/animal remains could be
- Any PS diver who is not familiar with the four generally accepted classifications of contaminated water
What you can expect to learn:
- How to prepare for contaminated water before you enter
- What to do once you are out of the water
- Proper cleaning, storage and maintenance of your PPE
Divers should be prepared to spend long hours in their PPE as well as cleaning PPE and demonstrate proficiency of all contaminated water skills and techniques, dive assessment and parameters and a high level of awareness. Dives incorporate hazard recognition and handling, use of specialized equipment; decontamination equipment, full face mask and surface supplied air delivery systems require additional training.
What’s in it for you and your team: safety and awareness, giving you and your team more tools for environmental risk assessment resulting short and long term health benefits.
ERD Contaminated Water Ops Technician level minimum requirements:
- One confined water session
- Two dives with a minimum of 30 minutes bottom time
- Post dive decontamination exercises