Introduction to Public Safety Diving
INTRODUCTION TO PUBLIC SAFETY DIVING
Trilogy Dive Center is a 5 STAR SDI/TDI/ERDI Training Center.
Who is this course for:
- Any first responder that seeks assignment to their agency’s dive team.
- Any non-certified diver wanting scuba certification or certified open water diver wanting entry level training in public safety diving.
- The public safety diver that may lack certification necessary to be NFPA compliant.
What you can expect to learn:
- General principals of scuba diving including open water and advanced scuba certifications.
- How to mitigate entanglement and dive in blacked out conditions.
- The skills necessary to prepare the diver for assignment to their agency’s dive team.
Students completing this class will earn their Open Water Certification, Advanced Open Water Certification, and Rescue Diver Certification. Students will learn physics and physiology of diving, learn fundamental scuba skills, and complete a series of open water dives. Students will also learn underwater navigation, gain confidence in their abilities diving in blacked out conditions, and learn rescue skills such as mitigating entanglements.
This course is not the basic and advanced course you get at the corner dive shop. Although it results in scuba certification it is designed to be challenging and serve as the foundation course for all public safety diving courses.